Monday, May 9, 2011

Ubuntu 11.04: Natty Narwhal Released: Not That Bad

I have been using Ubuntu 11.04 since April 28, 2011, and I have come to the conclusion that it is not as bad as some people have said. I don't know if it is because I like change and can adapt well under pressure or what. Isn't that what we got into the high tech field for and especially why we started to use Linux because we want and need a change from the ordinary. 

Ubuntu 11.04 is just a different way of looking at things, a new interface, and a new way of getting the job done. It may be because I have gotten use to the interface because of the 10.10 Netbook Remix. That is when I started to really test it, and I fell in love with it.  

I have not had any problems both installing it and upgrading, which I cannot say of previous versions of Ubuntu.  

The way you have to open programs is by searching for that program. Chances are that you will find it either installed or a program to accomplish the task that you can install right from the search dialog box. It will open the Software Center and give you the option to install it. 

This searching feature is not new in operating systems lately, but even so I believe the ability to install the program or giving you a list of choices to install is new. Not even Windows 7 has that feature. But they also don't have a software superstore. :) 

I believe this feature is darn cool I don't care who you are.  

That is one of the small features that makes Natty my distro of choice. I enjoy changes. I hope Ubuntu will continue with innervating and inventing and improving Ubuntu.  

Thanks for your time,

Lance Howell

The Linux Redneck

 

No comments:

Post a Comment